Jun 17, 2009

A photographer's miracle. AND. My newest find :D

A photographer's miracle

I barely noticed my own running footsteps as I aimed to reach the hospital room I was envisioning. There! Room 634!

''... Kat-Katherine...'' Brian opened his eyes just briefly, and then he died, while I held his hand.


I am a photographer on a mission; to travel around the rural countryside, and take a vacation while looking out for great shots to make a series. The village I just arrived in was not the first one, nor the largest or the smallest. It was plain ordinary on the outside; one village in the midst of hundreds other.

After looking around the village, and snapping a few shots, I headed back to the B&B I was staying at. As expected, this series would be hard to compose, and I didn't even have a theme yet. Strangely though, the marketplace was empty.

I realised that the villagers had gone to Sunday church only when I arrived back at the B&B; it was right opposite the church. I watched the townspeople mill around the village, and eventually disperse into their daily activities.

After Brian died three months ago in a car accident, I had not gone back to church. God had not saved him, and Brian had done nothing wrong to deserve such an early death. My resentment and doubt remained unshakable, fixed deep in the hole he had left behind in my own soul.

But as I watched the church through the room window, examining its features closely, I remembered how much Brian had loved Him, and without knowing why, I walked into the now-quiet church.

As I slipped quietly through the large doors left ajar by the townspeople, I noticed a young man kneeling in prayer. Not wishing to disturb him, I took up my camera to take a shot of the huge intricate stained glass painting of Jesus above the altar. On impulse, I included the young man in the photo. Holding the viewfinder to my eye, I clicked on the shutter. In that moment, sunlight flooded through the stained glass, throwing unusual light tones in the church. The camera had been set on continuous shooting mode without my knowing; perhaps it had been activated within the camera bag when I was carrying it.

Now, I only watched as the young man threw his head back upon feeling the warmth of the sunlight, and spread his arms to the depiction of Jesus in front of him, as if beseeching Him to fulfill a desperate request. I could not hear what he murmured, but as the shutter clicked as the camera took the tenth photograph, the young man stood awkwardly as he became aware of me.

"May I help you?''

He was Cameron Richards, the new young pastor of the church. He had only taken over recently, and allowed me permission to look around the church.

I walked about, avoiding the painting of Jesus. Finally, there was only that to examine in detail, see if it was worth taking a photo. Stepping out from the sides of the church where I had been examining notice boards put up by churchgoers, I walked to the middle aisle, stood in front of the stained glass, and raised my face to see His.

I could feel the peace around me with my mind and soul, but there was only chaos in my heart. I had not gotten over Brian as well as I thought, and right now, I could imagine him praying in this church, just like he did in every church he visited. The very real vision was unbearable, and I closed my eyes. Not now, of all times! I bowed my head, wishing that the tears would not continue to fall. It seemed as though Brian would be here, holding me in his comfortable embrace. That would never happen now.

I heard the soft clicking of footsteps towards me, and hurriedly turned away, wiping my tears as quickly as I could. The pastor put a kind hand on my shoulder, and only said, ''your camera takes wonderful photos. Send me a copy of the ones taken today.'' He handed me the camera, and I left quickly.

After composing myself more appropriately, I sat down in the parlor of the B&B, and nodded to the landlady reading a book on one of the numerous armchairs.
I plugged the camera to my laptop, and downloaded the photos into the folder. I opened the files and examined each one carefully. They were unacceptable, meaningless. There was no life in my composition. I came to the last two photographs.

The unusual timing of the flooding sunlight and the different colour tint in the photo had given Pastor Richards a halo, and amazingly, the streaks of light formed blossoming wings of light that seemed to yearn to fly. In the photo, Jesus looked as if He was about to step out of the glass, his benevolent smile shining upon the pastor all the time.
The last shot, the tenth, had perfectly captured the depiction of an angel reaching out to God.

I was amazed at my good luck. They were wonderful, out-of-this-world photographs.

I clicked to view the next photograph.

My gasp drew the landlady's attention. ''What's wrong, dear?''
I could only gaze hungrily at the photograph.

A blaze of light surrounded me through the painting of Jesus, and the single tear that fell sparkled in the photo. Only I recognized a barely visible outline in the blazing light. A gentle outline, so familiar to me, but with new features. I always thought Brian would look good with new wings of light and a halo, and I was right. My angel was holding me close, and Jesus was smiling at me benevolently.

The landlady brought me a box of tissue as my shoulders shook uncontrollably, and rocked me gently as I let go of my grief, finally.



Right. I was trying to convince myself to do revision in McDonalds today while staring out of the window at the far-too-warm sunlight and got this image of a grieving woman crying in a church as an angel held her. So, it resulted in this. And I didn't manage to study much. -.-

My newest find! :D Of course, it's a manga. :D Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is a manga about a violent school council president who works secretly in a Maid cafe in Japan. Her father left her family when she was still young, resulting in her deep distrust in boys and all things male. In addition, the high school she's attending used to be an all-boys school, so the rare girls in that school are often repulsed and terrorised by the rough and wild boys. (since it's not actually a very good school.)

But to earn money, she took up a job as a waitress in a maid cafe (where all waitresses dress up as maids and address the customers as Masters or Mistresses), but since she's built up this Demon reputation in her school, she cannot let her schoolmates find out this secret.

Unfortunately, the most popular guy in her school appears and finds out.

WHY I THINK THIS IS INTERESTING:
That girl reminds me of me. :D HAHA. Violent? TICK. Antisocial to guys? TICK. I'd like to learn martial arts too, dang. She's stronger than most of the guys too. I think such a person would be very rare in the world. :D Like her hairstyle too, though it's impossible for mine.

I also realised that some of her decisions would be what I'd do in her shoes too. I wonder if that's unusual? I'd be more equal in gender equality though. She's totally biased towards the girls, which isn't very good.

HEH, and it's funny to laugh at her when she's totally oblivious to the guy's affections. :D But I didn't catch some of the subtleties either. -.-''' I'm learning stuff.

And of course, I like the cool guy, and I like the drawing style of the manga. :D


ECP outing has been postponed to after JCTs, so everyone, do your best in revising! :D
And hound Geraldine for absolutely refusing to go to ECP. YOU CAN REFUSE TO GO ROLLER-BLADING YOU KNOW?

PANDORA HEARTS ♥♥♥ The soundtrack is like Tsubasa, and plot slightly similar (looking for memories), but otherwise, I still think it's a great anime! XD YAY YAY~ Life's good, uh huh uh huh~ :D

No comments: