Well, totally unbelievably, we have finished three-quarters of a year. Congratulations to all who have made it through this year completely, or almost totally sane. May you emerge through at the end of the year victorious and hopefully not as insane nerds who can't stop studying.
For that purpose, I propose an outing straight after the last paper on November 13. Nobody is to skip, nobody is to say, "Oh, I got plans on." This is ONE outing nobody can say, "But I gotta study," or "I have tuition." HA. In any case, we'll do impromptu events, just based on fancies that we have on that day, or cravings : prepare to go to arcades and bowling! XD Just say what you want to do, and just drag along people to go. SO, that means you'll probably have to prepare money for the outing. HA! About 50? :D Start saving!
I do realise that I sound quite lunatic already, but that's a side effect from the lack of sleep, and a whole lotta of books from the library. :D
In anycase, I have to say, the teachers were really cute today. Mrs Lock deserves to be champion, she looks way too... funny. XD Wonder how Mdm Melati, my ex-form teacher had reacted when she received the cert? Hope she likes it, and more importantly, who I am.
"Rui Shan? But I don't recall a student by that name..."
Anyway, there's still a ton of studying to do, since the prelims are only halfway through, while the O Levels are just, a short stretch and a corner around. (round the corner.) So much so that I have a few suggestions to celebrate my birthday by studying. Yeeling, Theresa and forgot who else do live up to their reputations as super sloggers. They actually think that I will really study on my birthday.
...
Come on, be realistic. I'm a super slacker. Super slackers take the excuse of a birthday to slack off. :D It's in my soul and my instincts and everything that makes up "RS". I won't study on my birthday.
I believe that just because you have exams this year, it doesn't mean that you can't have a life and you can't relax. The sheer stress from studying and constantly thinking, "It's O Level year, I can't relax, I have to study." will turn anybody crazy from depression, even if that person originally LIKED studying. (There are some... strange people who do.) It turns studying to a chore, or a torture that you yourself have subjected yourself to, and cut off all escape routes by not allowing yourself to relax. Torture, that cruel practice invented by sadistic people, can make a person crazy. So I say, NO STUDYING ON YOUR BIRTHDAY.
I don't mind going out to study on the day before though. It's not the actual day, and studying for prelims IS essential. So planning to go with Yeeling on the day before to Tampines library. (Hey, I get extra wishes of happy returns. Why not?) May see me around/in the libraries this September actually doing homework/studying/revision instead of reading books though, I realised that I couldn't study at home.
I definitely want to celebrate with you guys as well, but at the rate your minds are getting obssessed with studying, I think it'll be best to hold a birthday BBQ or something. In the meantime, I'll celebrate with my family first.
I do realise that sometimes I'm like advertising for my birthday, but I can't help feeling excited. A birthday in the family always calls for a day out and priviledges to the birthday person. Plus mine falls in the September Holidays. This means extra slacking usually. :D I love my birthday. And who doesn't love presents?
Because they represent that you care and treasure your relationship with that person.
A card is a present too. :D
Everyone, work hard! And we'll relax like crazy afterwards!
Aug 29, 2008
Last Day of Term 3 - Teacher's DAY! (Zooms around)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment