Aug 7, 2007

Book Review?!

Hey there.

Anyone's who's seen me the last two days would have had very little glimpse of my eyes, since they were absorbed in a trilogy of books, His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, the first being Northern Lights, second Subtle Knife and the last, which I finished 5 minutes ago, Amber Spyglass. Honestly, I gotta say this book is really good. It follows the adventures of Lyra, a girl of mysterious origins, and has a huge deal in fate's plans. After the first book, it also follows Will, a boy from our world, who found a way into another world, where Lyra currently was at. The third says of how Will finds Lyra, and how they escape together, even passing through the lands of the dead, only to find out the final destinies of their own lives..

Phillip Pullman has a way of making the reader so absorbed that one never realises that the reader has progressed along with Lyra, until one is interrupted, then the light dawns, and I could only marvel at how I never realised that although Lyra's life was full of action, I had never thought once, how unrealistic. This only happens when I read good books. Others that held me in its spell are rare, and right now I can't remember what good ones I've read, since its been a long time before I came across another good book. Oh yeah, Peeps by Scott Westerfeld is not bad. Anyway, the point is, even though Phillip Pullman used much of his characters from other books, they were put into such ways that they fit. It's hard to explain. Also, his description is formidable. It is really amazing. Like how people say, he brings you right there into the book, into the minds of the characters and make you feel how they felt right there and then. It was amazing. I think he was a little tired towards the end, since the ends were a little sketchy after that, and it was about to drift apart when he pulled it together and gave the ending.

It was very interesting to hear about the two angels who fell in love with each other. Gay angels :D But their love? was quite... amazing.

I'm now watching D. Gray-Man, but it hasn't finished playing yet, and I have a feeling it's going to go on for a long time. Oh well. I could always watch Yuu Yuu Hakusho if necessary. But Study first! There's about to be common test soon.

Talking about that, it's really stupid to have us back for lessons after the tests are over. After all, we won't be concentrating on the lesson if it's one that's already been tested, and we'd be doing revision if we hadn't taken the test yet. Either way, it's a stupid idea. We should just be allowed to go home, so that we could revise more, as some people can't study with teachers droning away endlessly.

Anime to me is like Books. They absorb me, and if they're good, they normally make me cry and smile suddenly, effectively making me look insane, especially to my family and friends. The difference: I don't write out the words of the anime on whatever paper I'm scribbling on, or in the air. Mainly because I don't know how to write them! :P But I'm learning from the animes.

Akuma means demon, Daisuki mean love, or really like, and learning the characters of the Japanese words, such as i, te, shi. Gomen is the short form for sorry, arigato the SF of thanks and gombawa for good evening. Ore is I for very military guys. I don't remember the rest now. :D

I was thinking, if I ever go to poly, I'll dye my hair. What colour? Depending on my mood the day I decide to dye it. Maybe I'll still do the same when I'm in university. Copper red hair with blue streaks? Interesting. I'll like to see what happens. Or since you so-called friends of mine like to remind me that I have white hair, maybe I could just dye my entire head white. Now that would be interesting.

I think I'm becoming eccentric. Laughs.

Two more days to National Day! Advanced happy birthday to SG, may you continue to grow!
Heh, I'm patriotic. :)

No comments: