The TJC Orientation Undefined 2009: Ignite the Infinite! has just ended today. Well, it was fun, especially the end! Let's start from the start~.
Day One
I was assigned to OG3, which is in the clan Verelda, which is the house Gamma. There are 16 OGs, 4 clans and 4 houses. The four clans are Daekaron, Verelda, Zandor, Xcion. The four houses are Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta. Anyway, Verelda's mascot is a cowboy, played by our clan master, Victor. Can't really remember much about the first day, just that there were plenty of talks and on the first day, I sat next to Ibel, an Indonesian. Also got to remember a lot of names, and noticed that there were several students from Chung Cheng High, AHS. My OGLs are Kelmen, Zheng Xian, Kelvin, Stephanie, Tan Yin, Si Hui and Hee Qmah. In the end, I didn't take the KI test, after all. And there was a series of vids about the four houses that was super funny! But we only watched the first episode on the first day, the second episode on the second day, and so on.
Day 2
It was the day of Amazing Race, TJC version. My OG spilt into 2 groups, and I was in OG3B. 3B only managed to finish 2 out of 6 stops, though 3A managed all six stations. Yea we were slow, but it was because the first station wasted a lot of our time by changing location, and then the second station was far away from the first. The games were kinda fun though. My highlight was that I led the cheer at the second station. :) Oh yea, there were mass dances on every day.
Day 3
Was quite boring, don't really remember much, except the PDP exhibition, and that the news we got first hand off the OGLs that our clan got a punishment of 10, 000 points. =.= I'm planning on joining two CCAs first, choir and AV club. On this day, my OG also stayed back to practise our performance for the O-night auditions. Eventually, we didn't get in, but it was a close fight. By around here, or yesterday, I got to know JJ and Nat, the first a Malaysian and the second also an Indonesian. JJ is kinda quiet, but I think she's reserving her character for confirmed friends. She's a tough shell to crack, not like Beecheng who cracks up so easily with laughter, just about every time I say something. Nat is really hyper, and she's super fun. With her, everything is cool and everything is good to try. She said she was the vice-captain of a sports team and captain of the cheerleading squad in school! Not to mention, she has a great voice. She's like Siti, my senior.
Day 4
The main highlight was the mass dance at SUNTEC CITY!! It was so cool; everyone was dancing. After a while, people were running around the fountain [we were dancing around the Fountain of Wealth], cheering, dancing the mass dance or freestyle. We continued in this manner until about 8 or 9++, I think. The atmosphere was super high, and everyone I saw was having fun. I know Cheng and the rest went home after that, but I went with the rest of my OG who were having supper together. Yup, gossiped some, ate a bit, talked a lot, and finally at 10, started back home. But I also heard that on the fourth day, we got another punishment of 30,ooo points. If this is right, we lost 40,000 point to attire and hair. We were the only clan that got so much punishment. Daekaron lost 10,000, whereas the other teams didn't lose any points. -.-
Day 5
YEA! Everyone had the most fun on this day! It was Orientation Night, mass games, and Battle of the Titans! Let's talk about mass games first. Mass games was played by OGs separately, but those who were performing in O Night had to practise, so there was only 12 OGs present.
Nevertheless, it was great playing the games. Really, we just had to help each other and not shrink at the thought of touching a guy. -.- Seriously. Like Toxic Ground, we helped out and everyone supported everyone, so that we finished very quickly. Whereas in Rush Hour, everyone wasn't really paying attention, so those in the middle really suffered. [ Toxic Ground is a game whereby the group members stand on a piece of sheet and cannot touch the ground. Only one hand is allowed per person, and the objective is to flip the sheet over. Rush Hour was a crazy game where everyone's feet were tied together in a line, and then we'd pick up cups with our mouths and pass the balls with our hands to the last person, who would be holding a box.]
If we were the fastest, we would win points for our clan, so everyone was cooperating very well. In the end, the best OGs from each clan would battle against each other in Castle Wars. My OG didn't go, but Beecheng's OG went! Well.. here's the interesting part. So-called. Because I know some of you will go diao or three strokes or whatever.
Anyway, during the part while we were cheering, Daekaron and Verelda had a temporary alliance, and we cheered together. This was because both of our clan masters were playing the guitar and singing together. [At first Xcion's clan master also joined in, but after a while he left to cheer on his team on the field.] Yup, then guess what? A clanmaster [forgot which one] and Victor [Verelda's clanmaster] started being gay. LOL. The clanmaster said something about looking for an April, then someone pointed to Victor and they pretended to kiss behind a big water bottle. It was transparent so that we could see they didn't really do it. XD LOL. Then afterwards, Theen You was changing our cheer from:
Spilt the V,
Dot the I,
Rock the ctory
V-v-v-i-c
T-t-o-r-y
Victory Victory is our cry!
to...
Spilt the V,
Dot the I,
Rock the ctor.
VVVic,
TTTor,
Victor, Victor is my wife!
Yeah, I think Theen You [Xcion's clanmaster] was the one who was acting gay together. XD LOL. Afterwards, they were still singing together, which leads me to the O night!
O NIGHT IS SO SUPER FUN!! It's crazy man, the way people just enjoyed themselves. Everywhere, there were people going in trains around the hall, dancing, cheering, clapping, stomping. But before all of that part, we got through, in no particular order, Talentine, Don't Forget The Lyrics, Four-headed Broadway, Scenes From A Hat, performances from the four OGs, and various cheering sessions in which no one could hear any kind of words, thanks to the roar of sound from all the clans all at once. Yep, there was also a kind of dare game, where people submitted dares for people to do, and the emcees would pick some and read it out. One of them was... yep, Victor and Paul [Daekaron's clanmaster] to pose as in the Titanic movie and Paul has to sing. [Paul's the woman. XD] YEP. I'd call this severe fangirlism. Very bad symptoms, some of these infected people. Anyway, I'm a fangirl. LOL. I'm infected. A long time ago. But it's funny, the things these guys do!
Also, some of the more crazy things that our clanmaster does: Jump off the stage into the crowd, and get carried around, unbutton one of his shirt buttons to emphathise the point that ''Hot or not? HOT!!'' [it's a cheer.] while the teachers, are probably still around... including the principal, and also keep throwing his cowboy hat into the crowd. XD I thought the people who caught it would try to keep it. HEHE.
Yup. The band that was playing at the end was enjoying themselves too, watching us dance, sway, sing, clap, cheer, walk around, stand around, talk, etc, etc. There was also a couple of beatboxers that was really, really good! They were amazing! And in Talentine, there was this girl who also had a great voice! It was just amazing, the sound quality!
Of course, I also remember the last part of O night, where the emcee went on stage and told everyone, ''OK, stop stop. Everyone, please get out of the hall asap.''at about 10.30 PM. And everyone was groaning. That's how fun it was. MJCians, jealous yet?
My OG printed out one of the photos for all of us, and wrote comments about us behind. They took the time to do this during lunch, so we know you've worked hard! OGLs, we love you! ♥
Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I took the bus back with the NAS people. Right now, it's 2 am, and I fully intend to sleep to 1 pm tomorrow.
Entering TJC, I was quite worried that I would become a very hardworking nerd. It doesn't sound that bad, but I really cannot imagine a life that's all work and no play. It just doesn't happen to me. I can be a nerd, and I can be a hardworking nerd, but I don't want to be so hardworking that I have no time to enjoy JC life at all.
But, I think that worry is now irrational. It's true that TJCians are very hardworking, and they study a lot, but I think they also know how to play, have fun and enjoy. It is definitely not a school where the students have no social life. As long as you can let yourself go for the moment, the fun is right in front of me waiting for you to embrace it. There's no point in thinking, that's not very funny, or that's so lame, or that's so weird/stupid, whatever. It's just limiting myself the amount of fun I can have. So what if I look stupid, weird, lame? As long as I have fun and enjoy myself and try, life is very wonderfully sweet. And extremely high. And there are so many other people who are looking just as stupid/weird/lame as I do. So I don't bother about my image, 'cause I'm not there to attract guys; I'm there to study and have fun.
Yup, I used to be the kind who always thought about my image, but I don't really care now. Being neat is a sign of respect to a person, because I believe that this is a way of saying, "I think you're important enough for me to dress up while I'm with you.'' And I do take more pains with my clothes while I'm with my friends, alright?
I know some of you think it's too casual, but casual is my style!
I did think of whether I wanted to run for SC, but it's too out of my character, so I'd just join up to be an OGL next year, and let the next batch enjoy this level of fun!
As an OGM, I really appreciate all the sacrifices and hard work that has gone into preparing the orientation, because with my experience as organiser, it is not easy, and with such a big group, it's really very difficult. THANKS PEOPLE!
Right, it's 2.17 am. I need to sleep. And no, I don't have any pictures. Yet. OGLs supposed to email me by tomor - oops, today! And I'll be checking what class I'll be in today too, around evening. I'll catch on anime and ironing then too, maybe throughout the afternoon. What with returning so late every night, I have very little time to do anything online. Just this is sacrificing my sleep! XD JKJK.
MJCians! Enjoy your orientation, and if you see Yus, help me say HI! Let go of the limitations, cheer like it's the very last time you'll have the chance to, and just try everything! And don't stick together like bubble gum, make sure you make new friends. It's important that you do, since you may not end up in the same class.
Winnie! As the only Poly student in TG, well, your orientation won't be that near, but I hope that you're enjoying your life now. Since you've quit your job and all that already, you should be quite free! It doesn't matter when you're screaming with the crowd, 'cause you're not disturbing anyone else, since everyone is supposed to be screaming too. XD
TJCians! I hope life in TJC will continue to be fun, and we'll continue to work hard together! I hope we'll be in the same class, and continue to keep in contact and everything!!
And I think I have to get Facebook too... It'll be easier to keep in contact, I guess.
If I get pics, I might put them up. :)
Feb 7, 2009
Orientation last day and highlights! [Super fanservice man... unexpected fangirling] - Entering TJC - Thanking people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment