Dec 25, 2008

Dad's birthday - Christmas! - Thumbdrive -.- - Next year's doubts. -BOOK. :D - Anime

So, one hour, forty eight minutes ago, it was still my dad's birthday. Right, his birthday is on Christmas Eve. And so, although I know he won't come here, happy birthday dad! Baked a cake for him (: (Do I hear sounds of disbelief? Hehe, I know I suck at cooking... hence my sisters were doing most of it.)

And one hour, forty seven minutes later, I'm right here typing,

Merry Christmas!

I'm quite glad to have received cards, thanks meiling and theresa. I'll keep them. I swear. Truly. :D Theresa, thanks for the photo (: I've also sent out the Xmas smses already too. [I can hear serene chirping to me to not ''leave Christ out of Xmas'' already.]

I can't believe how it happened, but... I can't find my thumbdrive. -.- Damn. It's my fault for bringing it all over the place. Now I have no idea at all where I put it. In any case, I think I'll have to start asking for backups from TG people.. My family pictures.. most of them are backed-up, but the most recent one with my sis's 18 birthday is gone... with the thumbdrive. -.- Primary school pictures too. And the toy convention. -.- Lucky that I haven't gotten round to putting the recent anime con in yet. I want to kick someone.

That's it. I'm not giving up my search for it. OR I'll make sure your 19th one is printed out and everything. YEP. I'll definitely find it!

In any case, I'm kinda freaking out about next year. Just signed up for Jap lessons, and I'm kinda worried that it'll clash with JC life. (No matter what, I'm going to one. -.-) After that, I got round to getting worried if I couldn't keep up with schoolwork, and then worried if I would even get in. To shorten a long series of worries, I came back to the thought that I can't do anything now. Just accept things. What a waste of time. Nevermind, since I talked to my mum about it.

I finally managed to borrow Brisingr, the third book from the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini! Guess what. It's a long 748 pages long, and quite thick. It's a challenge sitting right there, staring at me. I'm only starting on it, after waiting about a month and a half or so for it. (Lucky that I reserved it. Otherwise, I'd have to wait even longer.)

BTW, in the midst of doing spring clean (threw out a lot of food from the kitchen, that was sadistically satisfying. >///<1998. Seriously.),

I watched anime with my sis! The anime was Tenshi na Konamaiki, or A Cheeky Angel. The art style was old, and frankly, I didn't like it very much. It was kind of awkward looking, and the characters looked weird, even for anime. Face proportions were rather messed up, but the starting plot was intriguing.

It's about a guy who is given a magical book that contains a demon, who grants him one wish. The nine-year-old boy wishes to be " the manliest man of all men", but the mischievous demon changes him to the "most womanly woman of all women". The then-boy-now-girl then finds that all his previous pictures and memories in his family and friends have been changed, so everyone else is convinced that he, or rather, she has always been a girl, and an extremely beautiful one too. Only the one friend who witnessed his change, was convinced of his original gender. Six years later, because the girl threw the book into the river out of fury, enrolls at a school where she has been told that she will find the book, because without the demon, she cannot change back into a boy.

The interesting part about the anime is the questioning of what is manly, what is womanly, and the emotions that the girl goes through as she finds the book, bargains with the little demons and faces the inner turmoil she goes through. Ihaven't finished it, so I don't know what will happen either. If the art style is tolerable, this anime should prove to be quite interesting.

AND if you guys want the TG outing, I'm afraid it'll have to wait till Jan 2009. Den can't make it on the 29th of Dec, so I want to know if I can book people on the 29th of JANUARY first. Because I'm not sure when the O level results will come out, I'm not sure when we're free and all that. This one will be the CNY walkabout. I'm not sure if I should organise another one at Den's house before that.. Maybe just after New Year's Day, about the 8th of Jan? Exactly one week. Both days are Thursdays. Hope people can make it! And people who have jobs, please inform me about the details about advance notice about leave, or when you're free to have it or if you can arrange to work on other days or what. Thanks!

No comments: