Jun 17, 2008

Should we be enjoying Sec 4 life or studying the whole time?

This time I haven't got any anime things to show you guys, but since it's the second day into the EAP programme, let's all groan together at the start of school. GROAN.

Now that that's done, well, I want to admit that I was going to change my header's background, but I just couldn't decide which DGM picture looked the best. :D

I'm kinda excited, this Thursday going out with Laine and Lea, I think I'll bring the camera, so far us three have never had a picture taken together. It'll be for Lea's birthday, even though that was in May. :P Haven't given her her present yet, I think she'll love it. :)

And also planning to go out Next Sunday, 29th June, to the coscon (COSplay CONvention) at Suntec, then going to the NAS tapestry at Singapore Conference Hall. It's going to be so rushed, and so fun!

So, after reading all of this, are you thinking 'This RS, go out and play, don't have to study anymore? We're in Sec 4 and O Levels are coming up you know!' or something like that?

Well, what I gotta say is
" If you're not going to do it now, when are you going to do it?"

Let's see, next year is J1, getting into a new school, busy with stuff, getting to meet new friends and classmates, and it's not as if we have 3 extra months to play or work either. It's straight into studies, homework, and pretty soon, tests, which you would have to study for, or risk getting expelled. And the next year will be the A Levels. If you disapprove of me going out now, you'll surely protest at the thought of playing in the A Level Year.

So, in that case, fast forward 2 years, everyone's 18, raring to go to UNIVERSITIES. And you think undergrads have things easy? They have projects, essays, homework piles that resemble Mount Everest, and if you happen to be one of the unfortunate few who works as well, well let's just say you're going to be damn busy, and leave it at that.
So, if not in university, which means three or four years, then when? When we're working full-time? Come on, some people MARRY when they're twenty, and have kids by the next year. I seriously don't believe that we shouldn't play just as hard as we study. Otherwise, tell me when?

But the best time to play should have been in primary school. I do agree that being so close to prelims is sort of risky, but I'm prepared to get off the computer on most days, and study like crazy, so that when I receive my results, I won't be going, "I wish I didn't go to all those stupid things." I'm going to just this one teeny weeny coscon before the O Levels, but no guarantees for AFTER them. :D Anybody want to go with me?

So all you people reading this, if you ever have kids, make sure they have the BEST childhoods ever. Make them try EVERYTHING. Right. See you guys around then. :D

I just saw the tag from Yeeling, I don't know... I might back out last minute, but possibility rate low. :) And I discovered some photos!

These were taken at my house. :)



See Beecheng hiding behind YL? :D All the super shocked looks. :P

No comments: